Wednesday 19 October 2022

Singapore 19 Oct

Our flight awaits in Brisbane

I 'was' hoping to get an Uber to our local airport but, as none were nearby, opted for a taxi. The reason I was hesitant about the taxi was that every time, in the past, when I have booked one, they turned up late. Apart from that it's pretty straight forward getting to Singapore from Rockhampton, a domestic flight to Brisbane, a free airport shuttle to the International terminal, then the direct flight over. 

What was interesting though, on the shuttle, a man, (Nikos, a bike rider), recognized Darryl from his walks up Mt Archer. He was on our same flight to Singapore. I didn't really enjoy the flight as I had a bad headache, my guts were playing up, and I felt stressed.

Once in Singapore, the immigration queue was painfully slow, and that delayed us getting to our accommodation until after dark, (which always makes it more complex to negotiate), and then we had a bit of an issue getting in. I ended up phoning the 'owner' and eventually it was sorted out. The room was small, and had no window (I knew this when I booked it, but figured that we would only be in the room at night, so it didn't really matter, and it meant that it was reasonably cheap). It was a long day and we slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment