Sunday 4 December 2016

Alpine National Park - Day 32

I must say that I really felt like making as much noise as I could when I got up, but try as I might, I couldn't make loud noises, and those I made were by accident. We drove to Tralralgon for some shopping before making our way north along the Macalister River, then crossing over to the Wellington River and up into Alpine National Park. The scenic road twisted and turned, following the river, and up and down the mountains, which were obviously much drier than country we were in previously. 




After lunch we found a spot by the river, with a drop toilet nearby. It was warm enough to have a dip in the clear waters of the river, which tumbles over red stones, and conglomerates. While we were bathing a large group set up in the sister campsite. This area has beautiful rugged red cliffs up on the hills. Our campsite is surrounded by at least 3 wombat burrows. 



A wombat burrow





Darryl cooling off



As night fell, we spotted satellites, a meteorite, and tiny bats flitting high up amongst the gum trees. The nice thing about the evenings is that the flies go to bed too! Darryl has been killing lots, and the ants are having a field day.

No comments:

Post a Comment