Monday 13 August 2018

Cape York Trip - Day 16

Walsh’s Pyramid was the first destination of the day, so it was a quick pack-up and we found a spot in the car-park. Darryl took off up the Pyramid ahead of me, as I knew I would be slow. I passed the 1km mark then the 2km and made the half-way point.

View from halfway up Walsh's Pyramid


Darryl's photos from the top




It had taken me an hour and a half just to that point, and my knee was already sore, so I knew I should go further. I sat and rested, took photos, and told another walker to tell Darryl I was waiting there for him. Eventually I decided to head down, so passed on more messages regarding my intentions. At the car I had just set up a chair in the shade when Darryl appeared. He had made it to the top. There was a free-camping spot beside the Mulgrave River and it wasn’t far, so that was our lunch spot, and a good place to dry out the camper in the sun.


There were some beautiful huge old fig trees to sit under. A guy who had a Unimog camper came and chatted. A text came through from Mal that he had come home early from work, so we went there. In the evening Steve Heather & Justin came around and we had Korean BBQ on the front verandah.


No comments:

Post a Comment